Financial Support Services
SIDO extends credit for working as well as investment capital to individuals or groups of entrepreneurs from the SMEs sector for the purposes of promoting capital, business undertakings, as well as investments in business infrastructure, tools and equipments.
Conditions of SIDO Credit: -
- SIDO extend credits not exceeding Tshs. 30.0m
- Maximum loan repayment period is three years.
- Depending on the type and size of the project, loan repayments are made on weekly, monthly or quarterly installments.
- The current rate interest ranges between 22% to 30% per annum.
- SIDO give "incentives" on borrowing conditions to clients who manage to services their loans as per schedule.
Type of Credit Facilities Extended:
SIDO extends credit facilities in the forms of group and individuals. Group loans are extended to solidarity groups or Self-Help Groups. SIDO offers loans for working capital as well as for Investment.
SIDO employ various loan funds to extend credit to prospective borrowers. Such loan funds include the National Entrepreneurs Development Fund (NEDF), the Regional Revolving Fund (RRF) and East African Development Bank (SIDO/EADB).
The conditions and terms for loans do not vary much from one fund to the other. The funds resemble each other in term of target groups (SMEs), purpose(Business capital, for both working and investment).
The minimum and maximum loan size differs from one fund to the other as shown in the table here under: -
Qualifications for Borrowing:
Loans are extended through SIDO Regional offices subject to the application qualifying on the following: -
- The SIDO loan applicant must be an adult citizen of Tanzania.
- The project seeking for funding must be lawfully acceptable, financially feasibly, economically viable and socially acceptable.
- The project to be financed must be legally registered, possess a certificate of registration of business name and/or a valid business license.
- The project pursuing for loan from SIDO must have a historical background successful business performance and efficient business management skills.
- The place of residence of the prospective borrower must be permanent and well known.
- The borrowing entrepreneur must possess or have legal occupancy status to the proposed project site.
- The entrepreneur seeking for SIDO loan must know by local leaders and ready to verifying the existence of the entrepreneur and the enterprise.
- The borrowing entrepreneur must have the capability and the willingness to pay back the respective loan.
- The borrowing entrepreneur must posses/ready to open a valid bank account in the name of the respective business name.
- For loans under SIDO/EADB program, the applicants must have lent from SIDO and fully successfully pay the loans; at least twice.
- For Individual loans the applicants must have two guarantors, and collateral to the tune of 125% of the value of the loan.
- For groups loans the applicants must be ready to form group and co – guarantee members within a group.
For more information contact us through undersigned contacts: -
P.O. Box 2476,
Tel: (022) 2151945/8
Dar es Salaam.